With the help of Dave from s/v Exit Strategy, I climbed the mast!!! Went up to check out the bulbs on the anchor/tri-color lights that are at the top of the mast. Wow, what a beautiful view. The hardest part was getting started. I wanted to climb the mast steps and the first step is maybe 6 feet above the deck. Now, I may have long legs, but that's a big stretch. There are several cleats on each side so I used them as steps and on I went with the help of the ground crew (Phileta & Dave). I took pictures up there to prove I did it. I used Phileta's new camera (just putting my hands on the thing & pointing it was a huge effort), pointing & shooting without looking. When I got down and looked at the pictures, there were none. I had been pushing the on off button!! The adrenaline rush from going up, using all my arm and leg muscles to hold on to the mast along the way, lasted a couple of hours.
We went to town for fresh tortillas, fruit, vegies, and meat and had to stop at the taco stand on the road into the marina for their great shrimp tacos. As we are getting ready to walk back to the boat, Phileta notices an iguana sauntering across the street. He must have been 5 feet long and no camera. So, no pictures for today. I'm working on Matt's graduation and pictures taken earlier in La Cruz. Today's post is short and sweet. Temperature 90 degress, humidity 9o%. Time to go swimming, then blog tonight.
Thoughts and photos as Phileta and Dorothy enjoy a new life of cruising the Pacific aboard the Cal 35 MK III, Eagle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment